Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First Post - Mormon FAQ

At the suggestion of M. Russell Ballard, I've created this blog to share a little bit about 'Mormonism'. His invitation can be found here. http://www.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/using-new-media-to-support-the-work-of-the-church.

I've been very careful about personal websites - I use the web extensively in my job and community activities to work effectively, but I am very cautious about chat rooms and social networking, and I shut down my one-time humor blog site (tuna-salad) was exploited by people for pushing all sorts of nasty sites. I had to constantly go in and get rid of people's comments on posts. But blogspot has been good to me in some other endeavors, so we will see what happens.

My hope is to share questions and answers specifically as they come to me from my acquaintances that ask questions about the LDS church. This site is not endorsed by the church in any way. If you want my qualifications - I graduated from Seminary, served a mission, and I am an Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood. But ultimately, if you want the official position of the church, I invite you to visit www.mormon.org.

No comments: